Canada is one of the few most popular destinations for expats, thanks to its top spot in the Liveability Ranking. The country offers the best healthcare, safety, education, culture and environment, and many more great places to live. The easiest way for those looking to immigrate to Canada is through the Canada Express Entry program, a new system introduced in 2015 to manage skilled work experience for immigration to Canada.
The Express Entry system allows you to easily become a permanent resident of Canada through the following programs:
· Federal Skilled Worker Program
· Federal Skilled Worker Project
· Canadian experience class
In addition, the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), where candidates are nominated by provinces or territories, also operates under the Express Entry system.
How does the fast track work?
To apply through the Express Entry system, you must:
1. Create your Fast Track profile online by providing details such as your skills, language ability, education, work experience and other relevant details. Once the information provided in your profile is found to be eligible, you will be entered into the Express Entry pool.
2. You are ranked using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on skills and experience, education, language ability and other factors provided in your profile. Where you score the highest, you will be invited to apply for a specific course within 90 days of receiving the invitation.
How to immigrate to Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)?
Canadian provinces and territories have their own immigration programs and eligibility criteria, and can select skilled or semi-skilled workers under the PNP. If you want to immigrate as a provincial nominee, you need to have the necessary skills, work experience and education so that you can be part of the community and contribute to the development of your respective province and country. However, nomination guidelines vary depending on the province you are applying for, and nominations can be:
· Under the non-Express Entry stream, you will need to go through the paper application process and confirm your eligibility and province or territory nomination.
· Under a province’s Express Entry category, you must meet the Express Entry requirements and minimum standards. However, you must meet at least one of the immigration program requirements covered by the system.
Eligibility requirements for the skilled migration program
As a skilled worker or professional, you can easily immigrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class programs if you meet the following minimum eligibility requirements.
work experience: For any of the three programs above, you need at least one or two years of work experience, either full-time or part-time equivalent within the past ten, five or three years. Your skilled work experience must be in relevant work in skill type 0 or skill level A or B on the National Occupational Classification list.
language skills: Meet the required listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in English or French.
educate: An educational qualification for a degree, diploma, or certificate, which can be a Canadian or foreign educational credential from or equivalent to a Canadian secondary or tertiary education if you are applying for a federal skilled worker program.
Financial status: You need to prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada.
Leave a Comment